Hello my loves, how are you all doing today? How is your week going? I have family coming to visit me next week so am busy trying to get everything sorted before that, and some upcoming fairs I also have scheduled. I am making some progress catching up with this Blog, which I'm pleased about. It helps that I have done very little this year, and don't have much to share, haha!
April is my birthday month, and though I didn't have any fun trips planned this year, I did make an effort to treat myself when I could. After all, if I don't, who will?! So I have some pics of nice meals and drinks that I enjoyed when I left the house. (I would like to point out that they were all spread over different days!) I also saw a few friends, and there were some family gatherings. Sadly, one of my Uncles died that month, after suffering from Alzheimers for a number of years, so some of the gatherings were sad ones. Once again, I was grateful that I live so much closer now, and was able to travel to Derry for the funeral. It was a beautiful service, and I was glad I could be there for my family.
As you can see, I made it down to the shore a couple of times during spells of good weather, and I went for some lovely walks. You might be surprised to see some sunrise pics though, since I am not usually up that early. Well, I have not been sleeping at all well lately. I have always struggled with sleep, and my health conditions make that infinitely worse. On top of which, I am now perimenopausal, which also affects your sleep patterns. Suffice to say, I'm sleeping worse than usual. So, the only reason I have any sunrise pics, is because I was still awake from the night before! But I was treated to some beautiful views, so that helps make up for it.
On my actual birthday at the end of the month, I treated myself to a delicious meal at Nancy's Barn, and a couple of drinks out. I was craving seafood, as I often do, and the chef at Nancy's put a beautiful plate of prawn and crab salad, seafood chowder, and chips together for me. And I was also presented with some ice cream, complete with a candle, while the servers sang happy birthday to me, which made me feel very special! I couldn't help but feel a little emotional as well though, spending another birthday alone. Mostly I don't mind, and even enjoy my solitude, but birthdays always make me ponder my life, and the thought of spending every special occasion alone for the rest of my life is a painful one. Next year I will just have to make sure I take another trip and have a change of scenery.
Sunrise over Pollan Strand.
Sunrise over Pollan Strand.
Blue Skies over Pollan Bay.
Blue Skies over Pollan Bay.
Sunset over Binnion.
Sunset over Binnion.
Sunset over Binnion.
Sunset over Pollan Bay.
Sunrise over the Isle of Doagh.
Sunrise over the Isle of Doagh and Trawbreaga Bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment